Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Stitching

Happy Valentines Day!
This is the extent of my Valentine decorating--a very old hanging pocket. 

Minick and Simpson
I've made a couple more rows from the All in a Row book. This one was made before the corrections were posted--it ended up 3" short. No worries-I added strips on either side of the on-point blocks using the same fabric and it looks fine--whew!
The original row pattern in the book has a couple cute sand pail applique's. I subbed a couple panel blocks (the on-point blocks). The panel is part of the Piecemaker's line of fabric I'm using for the rows--I love Kathy Schmitz's artwork!

Blackbird Designs
The previous row was from Minick and Simpson.
This one is by Blackbird Designs. I caught the error in this row early on, so thankfully, no reverse sewing was involved! 

My February UFO project has been quilted and the binding attached.
. Today I will be finishing up my stitching on the hanging sleeve and sew down the binding. I'm not sure what I'll be watching while stitching--Downton Abbey or The Walking Dead--I guess it will depend on my mood!

Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE


11 comments:

  1. Your heart hanging pocket is very pretty. I love the rows you are making. Your fabric choices are perfect. Congratulations and getting your February UPO completed. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your UFO already... enjoy the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that hanging heart pocket is adorable! I ordered the Downton DVD set and just finished it last night. Tonight I'll probably start watching it all over again, lol! It's so good that a second time is often better than the first even if you know what is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little heart!!Can't wait to see the whole quilt finished....hmmmm...I haven't watched the Downton Abbey...thinking it may have to be a series I catch up on this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day Karen! Love your rows and congratulations on getting your UFO quilted! Your work is always beautiful! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentines Day! Quite a difference in tv selections! Hope you enjoy your day stitching. (I have nothing out for valentines day...oops!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rows in blue and brown.Nice save on the pattern error problem.
    Oh, we don't get to see the BB quilt until the binding is stitched down, huh? I guess I will have to wait. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your folk heart makes for a nice country-style Valentine decoration. Good save on the row that was short.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blues and Browns on your row quilt. BBD has always been one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The row blocks are looking great and I am loving the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a fan of Kathy Schmitz too.

    ReplyDelete