Sunday, October 18, 2015

Another Fine Mess....

I almost began by saying that there wasn't much happening on Moose Bay--the truth is that there is way too much happening and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed!
Earlier this month, Craftsy had a brief opportunity to purchase an all access pass for the month of October. The pass allows me to download and watch as many classes as I want, but they will not be accessible after the 31st unless I buy them. Needless to say, I have been doing some binge watching. And a little sewing. These strip sets are for Edyta Sitar's Scrappy Quilting class--I only need to make 16 more of them--yeesh...
Friday I picked up this cute book "Little Gatherings"--chock full of adorable small quilts by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings. 

It's a small book and nicely bound to lay flat--love that!
It sounds like Colorz Quilt Shop is going to use this book for a club next year--should be lots of fun.

I am still plugging away on my Stars in the Garden--these are the last hexagons to be basted and sewn together, so I am very close to assembling everything to complete the little quilt.
I'll be working on these during the mysterious Indian Summers on PBS tonight-after the wartime drama Home Fires.
Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
Slow Sunday Stitching

16 comments:

  1. So many hexies, so little time :) I love the colors and fabrics in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drawn to the plaid hexie flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful block you are stitching! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the hexies - I can't wait to see that top completed. I've got my eye on that book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hexagons you are making Karen.... beautiful fabrics! Good luck getting your Craftsy project finished before the deadline and I love the look of your new book! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't say it sounds like slow sewing. It looks like you've got it in high gear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fall colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one of Edyta's books and have bookmarked a couple of quilts for a possible future project. She does a lot with strip sets and makes fabulous quilts. Now I'm wondering what you will be making!

    Those little hexies are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the same Craftsy deal - and have also been binge watching classes. Besides the quilt classes, I've been doing knitting (brioche stitch!) and cooking (Macarons! Beurre Blanc! Chile Rellenos!) Isn't learning fun?
    And Edyta is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Curious to see what you will be creating with those strip sets.
    I want to get my hands on that Little Gatherings book. Almost ordered it, then thought I'd check a shop in the neighboring valley first, and I have failed to follow through.
    That is a beautiful hexie star you are creating--and I am so jealous that you are almost ready to assemble the parts for your little quilt! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you need a few more days in October. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand the feeling overwhelmed all to well. I am also a binge TV watcher. Your hexie quilt is beautiful and I have Lisa's book on my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yummy is the word, you've got so many on the go now, it might be several days before you look up from your work and post more. Happy quilting Karen, I'm finding you on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours and prints in your Stars in the Garden block!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hexies are gorgeous - they look teeny too! I love small things :)

    ReplyDelete