Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Fun!

Not really, it's laundry and cleaning day here on Moose Bay---boo!
But---it was a super fun week! 
I completed my last block for How Does Your Garden Grow--now on to the border!

The last clue before the big ThimbleCreek mystery reveal on Tuesday is finished...

I cheated a little and used my Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star ruler instead of making all the half square triangles as instructed in Clue 15. I have to make my investment in the ruler pay off--haha!
BTW: Joe planned to remove all the clues this week, but as I am writing this, they are still working--if you are interested in the pattern, act now!!

I felt so good about those finishes, that I jumped onto the Temecula Summer Sampler  Sew Along wagon--forget that I said "no more sampler quilts".
I already had the Block Tool (that I have never used) so again--investment pay off...
All of the particulars for the Sew Along are HERE

Yesterday my friend Sandi and I went to the Minnesota Quilt show in Duluth. There were some amazing quilts and, of course, tons of great vendors. I had a goal of beefing up my stash of blue and yellow wool--I think I did okay (and then some)!

I couldn't resist this little bundle of shirting's by Julie Hendricksen--I may need yardage of some of them! I also was on the lookout for some cheddar fabrics for my stash, but only came home with the one in the background.

And a few patterns, button packets and just a little thread came home with me too.
I'll share some of the wonderful quilts soon!
Have a great weekend--I'm off to play--er, clean!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Karen! What fabulous blocks as always! I always love seeing what you are working on!, you make such beautiful quilts! Enjoy your weekend! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are great and I really love your show purchases! That wool is fantastic - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good cheddar can be hard to find when you're looking for it. The shirtings look wonderful. I have really enjoyed following along with your Thimblecreek mystery - I can't wait to see the reveal :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching and great shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute bird block.
    Nice finds at the quilt show! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bluebird is lovely and the stars look great.
    The new wool you purchased is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a delightful pattern and your obviously doing it great justice. The triangular blocks are a joy to see and Im trying hard not to send for the pattern and start something else lol and have another excuse to buy more fabrics, wool this time!
    Brilliant shirting too, love the blue and white familiarity. I found a Sea Fishermen's charity shop a short while back selling off their mens shirts for 50p each, the large majority were XXL so lots of fabric in them!
    I bought 15 with a view to using them for a throw, although I had been looking for cotton checks and stripes to use in The New Hexagon Millefiori BOM at the time.
    (Well worth googling and they have a Facebook Group page worth looking at)
    They'd been well made and expensive shirts too originally and showed no signs of wear anywhere!
    Your mystery blocks are proving fun to watch over lol
    I cant resist a bargain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little blue bird! Great additions for the stash!! Of course you have to play a little, the cleaning can wait.

    ReplyDelete