Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekend Update

I've been working on my 1718 Coverlet blocks for March--there are a lot more than last month!
These are the February and March blocks-- I just need to sew them together in rows. 

My Austen Family Album top is on the quilting machine--it may be finished by early next week--fingers crossed!
I tried something I've never done before--attached the label before quilting.
It was a lot easier sewing it to the backing by machine!
I hope I remember to do this again.

I am slowing getting the applique finished on these 1718 Coverlet blocks--even a little reverse applique in the centers--fun!
They will go on either end of the three rows shown in the first photo above. Those blocks finish at 4.5" and these two large applique blocks will finish at 13.5". Interesting measurements!
Slow Sunday Stitching
 Linking up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching  HERE
and WIP's Be Gone HERE

11 comments:

  1. Love your label and the 1718 is coming along so well...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great label. Have fun stitching those blocks today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often put the label on before quilting. I like it to be quilted into the quilt. Sometimes, I even piece it into the back rather than applique it on. Have fun stitching today. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous label. I like to add my label first so it gets quilted to the quilt! Great start on our 1718 coverlet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great label you made! Enjoy your applique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that label. Beautiful coverlet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen those blocks look wonderful - very vibrant! I especially love the large applique blocks - great background fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an undertaking, Karen. The blocks are great. I like your label and the way it's going to be attached. It would be interesting to know more about this mosaic technique that authors mention in the book. I invite you to link to WIPs Be Gone - ends Monday, midnight. I know readers would love to see your progress. I sure did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a very good idea to quilt the label into a quilt because it makes it permanent. A label that is just stitched on after the quilting can easily be removed! You are making great progress on your 1718 quilt. It is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bright blocks! So fun! The applique ones are great.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your coverlet - the colors are really beautiful, Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete