Friday, November 14, 2014

I was (am) a HST Zombie

I get bored distracted, and my mind starts to wander to more fun things than putting these zillions of triangles together.
I think I am going to see Half Square Triangles in my sleep if I don't get them finished soon.
Two outer borders done--two to go!
 '

The setting triangles are all sewn onto the appliqued blocks.
They need to be squared up to 17.5 inches--not easy to do and keep the design centered when your largest square ruler is 14.5.
That's why they are still sitting on the cutting board. 

Luckily, when I was at Joanne's with my Veteran's Day 60% off coupon in my hot little clutches, the rulers were NOT on sale, allowing me to be able to use said coupon--yay!
 I was able to get a 20.5" ruler for just a bit over 20 bucks. I'm not sure how often I will need to use it, but it was a necessary purchase to finish up my Words to Live By quilt. 

Okay, back to those triangles. Yeesh.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous--I love that center block--and i agree about HST's--they are really tedious---but then I did say I hated triple 9-patches and I have a ton of them waiting by my machine. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete