Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summer Sewing

Photo
Remember this photo of my lilacs from 10 weeks ago?
This is how they look today.
Pretty awful! Only the largest two shrubs have flowers. Our horrendous winter certainly did not agree with them--there is a lot of winter damage. I'm thinking it would be best to cut them back at least half way and hope for the best. No armloads of lilac bouquets this year--wahhhh!
 

On a happier note, my first block of the Primitive Gatherings Summer Block of the Week arrived and I couldn't resist for a second to dive in and start stitching. I know I am going to love this quilt!


The background blocks are pieced. There are also instructions to cut more pieces from the provided light fabrics and to make a total of 28 four patches from the darker fabrics for future blocks. I even managed to squeak out some 2" squares for the scrap box! 

Of course, I still have last years Summer Block of the Week blocks waiting to be made into a quilt.
Oh, the guilt!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning!

    I totally love your wool Hexies. Where can I find small enough patterns to applique on them. I live in Sacramento, and have checked all sources there with no luck. It's very frustrating...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete