Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Countdown! Day Eight

Gingerbread! 
I don't really like it all that much, but I love gingerbread men. 
I'm told that before I learned to read, I had memorized the Gingerbread Man book and would pretend to read it to anyone that would listen.
Run, run, run, as fast as you can...you can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!
Famous last words, Mr. Gingerbread Man.....

It's kind of a horror story really...snip!...snap!...there goes the gingerbread man...yikes!
Indygo Junction
"Ginger Boys" an Indygo Juction pattern made in 2000.
Measures 30" x 37"

Indygo Junction
I used buttons from my grandma's button jar for the eyes and  Osnaburg as the background fabric.
 I loved how the blocks were simple nine patches using one partial snowball to make the head.
 

Indygo Junction
This embroidery is also included in the Ginger Boys pattern--Tea and Gingerbread.
It measures 19" x 25.5" made in 2005
I did the embroidery on an old Osnaburg table cloth that I had picked up at a garage sale. 

Indygo Junction
Both of these little cuties were designed by Cheri Saffiote for Indygo Junction.
You can check out her blog HERE

Indygo Junction
There's also a cute little pillow included in the pattern.

Indygo Junction
I love their little faces--don't you just want to eat them up!?!
Snip! Snap!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I especially like the embroidered one.
    I'm curious, what is Osnaburg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these! I also like how you carried the story through the post. I have a gingerbread man board on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable pieces of gingerbread!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete