Saturday, December 22, 2012

Finally more retreat photos

I had a bad reaction to the flu shot I had on Wednesday and spent all day yesterday in bed. It's a good thing I was still feeling pretty good on Thursday and managed to finish up my gift shopping. I still have a bit of grocery shopping to do, but not too much.

After fourteen hours of sleep, I'm in a fog. Of course, I have a million things to get done before Christmas Eve, and feel no ambition whatsoever to start on any of them. So here I am, sitting at the computer, sipping tea and talking to all of you. I feel better already!

I realized I still had a ton of photos from the retreat in October that I haven't shared yet. I think I forgot to reset my flash, so the photos don't show the quilts in their best light or were too blurred to use. Believe me, they were all beautiful! Too bad my memory is so bad and I can't tell you too much about these

This would make a great guy quilt. 

Love anything vintage looking--sweet!

I think this was Susie's--she put in her own center block.

I think the setting triangles and borders add a lot of drama.

This was from a swap--every one made a different tree. 

I want to make this one (in blues, of course).

I wish I had a better shot of this one. It has a cool log cabin border.

The perfect shade of red to show off the blocks.

Too bad this isn't a little sharper--very cool stars against the black.

Thousands of one inch squares! 

I wish you could see this in person--it glimmers!

Fun kids quilt!

Beautiful!

So sweet--the scallop border is perfect for this quilt.

Believe it or not, this was pieced from the outside in to make sure the blocks of the month
would fit correctly around the center. It was fun to watch Sharyn working on this one! 

Adorable!

Love the fan quilting.

Another group swap.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you start feeling better, this is too busy a time of year to have no energy. Thanks for the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete