Friday, October 5, 2012

The Calico Garden Quilt



I've always admired the circa 1950 Calico Garden Quilt from the Shelburne Museum collection. I love the little flowers tucked in between the on point nine patches--so cute. There are so many different versions out there, but I recently purchased the pattern published by Hoopla which is pre-printed on freezer paper. How smart is that!?! I'm thinking that this will be my next project when I finish my "A Bountiful Life" quilt.

This is a similar version from Primitive Gatherings. Love it!

You have to check out this version by Judy Mathieson--especially if you are a dog lover-it's a hoot. Follow this link and hover your mouse over the quilt to see it close-up. You will be surprised at the fabric choices--so fun!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a pretty quilt! I love all versions of it. And Judy's quilt is really fun. Who would ever know that all those different elements were in it! Make you smile when you see them.

    ReplyDelete